Town of Kiowa Board of Trustees Regular Monthly Meeting Minutes
April 11, 2023
Call to Order
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Town of Kiowa was called to order via Zoom on April 11, 2023, at 7:07 PM by Mayor Pro Tem Smith.
Present: Mayor Pro Tem Trevor Smith, Director Andrew Lowry, Director Josh Baker, Director Terry Howard, and Director Baillie Wineland were present. Mayor Rick Kolm and Director Jonathon Shafer were absent. The Town of Kiowa had a quorum to conduct business.
Also present were:
Kimberly Boyd Town Administrator
Tasha Chevarria, Town Clerk
Ruth Borne, Town Counsel
Due to the death of the Mayor, Rick Kolm's father earlier in the day, the Board of Trustees has decided to postpone this evening's meeting and continue the public hearings.
Director Howard made a motion to open the following public hearings at 7:15pm:
- Kiowa Bar - Special Event Liquor License
- Just Peachy Event (May 7th)
- Cowboy Up - Special Event Liquor License
- Cowboy Up in Kiowa CPRA Rodeo (June 23rd -24th)
- Elbert County Fair (July 29th - August 6th)
- First Responders Relief Rodeo (August 18th and 19th)
- Ordinance 2, Series 2023, Town of Kiowa, Colorado, an amendment and reinstatement of the Kiowa Creek Meadows Development Agreement and approval of this agreement constitutes a vested property right pursuant to Article 68 of Title 24, C.R.S., as amended, and Chapter 16, Article XII of the Kiowa Municipal Code as amended.
- Ordinance 1, Series 2023: An Ordinance rescinding the Kiowa Creek Meadows Development Agreement and the vested property rights pursuant to Article 68 of Title 24, C.R.S. as amended, and Chapter 16, Article XII of the Kiowa Municipal Code as amended.
Director Baker seconded the motion. Motion carried 4-0 with no discussion.
Mayor Pro Tem Smith queried those present on this Zoom meeting, and outside of the Board members that were present, for public comment regarding any of the items being heard by public hearing. No comment was given. Director Baker made a motion to postpone the agenda and continue the public hearing until Tuesday, April 18th, of the following week. Motion was seconded by Director Wineland. Motion carried 4-0 with no discussion.
Director Baker moved to adjourn the public hearing at 7:20 pm, seconded by Director Wineland. Motion carried 4-0 with no discussion.
Director Baker made the motion to adjourn at 7:23pm. Director Wineland seconded, and the motion was carried 4-0 with no discussion.
This regular meeting will be postponed until April 18th at Town Hall at 7:00pm.